Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Spring Break

We are on Spring Break...yippee! Babyluv and I spent the last four days visiting my family in good 'ole West Texas and stuffing our faces with lots of fattening food. It was so good. On the way back home, I had a blowout and also got a speeding ticket. I was going 82 in a 70. The sad part is that I just finished an online defensive driving course about two weeks ago for a speeding ticket that I got in December. So, I will either have to choose differed adjudication or pay the ticket which will go on my driving record. My mother asked, "How can a small woman like you have such a heavy foot on the pedal?" I don't know the answer to that.

Back to fattening food and clogged arteries. I gave blood last week at work and I found out that my cholesterol is 179 -- it has dropped about 25 points since last year. That was great news.

Speaking of great news...my 23-year-old sister signed a contract with a modeling agency!!! She even went to New York last week to audition for the lead role in an independent horror film. She did not get the part, but she got a free trip out of it. She has modeling engagements about 3-4 times a week and is meeting so many people and getting paid pretty good money. This Saturday, she will be one of the featured models at a fashion show where the admission is $1,000 a person!!! At the end of the month, she is going to Mexico City to do a photo shoot for Wrangler jeans. Although she is 5'7" and only weighs 110 pounds, her agent told her that she needs to "tone up" her body and exercise!!! Oh my gosh, can you believe that!?!?!?! Well, now she is on a 1,200 calorie diet (per day) and is running 1-2 miles every morning. I am so excited for her but I don't envy the dieting and exercising. She could not even eat lunch with us today because we were having Sonic and it has way too many calories. Well, don't you
worry -- I will enjoy those calories for her. I am 5'6" and weigh 120 pounds and don't have anyone telling me to lose weight or "tone-up." Maybe you will see her on a billboard or in a magazine sometime. I will keep you posted!

We are doing great. Babyluv is so much fun. She is growing up way too fast! She is so smart and adorable! I will have to post some pictures sometime. She enjoyed being with my family and getting spoiled last weekend! Well, I better go now because I have a busy day tomorrow. I am going to the optometrist and afterwards I am going shopping with three of my sisters (they live in Abilene) . They came into town and are staying with us for a couple of days. By the way, I have five sisters and one brother. Lots of fun... check with you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home