Monday, January 02, 2006

What an evening!

Wow...what an evening! Daddyluv, Babyluv and I spent the afternoon lounging around the house....a very relaxing afternoon. Around 4:30 p.m., Babyluv and I left the house so that we could go to the store and buy a few necessities. I had to take Daddyluv's car because Grandpa luv parked behind mine. Grandpaluv and Daddyluv are building Babyluv and mini-playhouse. I didn't like the idea of taking Daddyluv's car because its really messy and smaller than mine. I grabbed Daddyluv's keys (the set that also has my car keys) and headed out the door. Well, while trying to merge onto the highway I was kind of overpowered by an 18-wheeler. I was forced onto the shoulder where I ran the right side of the car into a huge pothole. I was a little panicked because it took a little while for me to gain control of the car again.

Everything seemed fine at first. I remembered thinking, "Gosh, that had to have done some sort of damage. I probably messed up the alignment." About two miles later, the smell of burning rubber overwhelmed me and the horrible noises made it impossible to hear the radio. I was on a major highway with Babyluv in the carseat and the next exit is over a mile away. My tire/wheel would obviously not make the extra mile. So, I pulled over to the right shoulder and parked my car in the grass. I tried to get away from the highway as much as I could. I turned on my emergency lights and grabbed Babyluv and we went running across the access road to some apartment complex. I called Daddyluv on my cell phone and luckily he answered the home phone. S ince I had his set of keys as well, he had to come on his motorcycle. During our 20-minute wait, a police officer saw us and waited with us until Daddyluv arrived. When he arrived, the police officer parked behind Daddyluv's motorcycle and activated his lights in order to keep him safe while he changed the tire. Thank you, Mr. Police Officer!!! So, now we are driving on a "donut." I will definitely need to find time tomorrow and get another tire. The original tire is torn to pieces. Babyluv was calm the entire time and even had the opportunity to sit in the police car. I said, "Honey, this better be the only time you see the inside of a police car." The police officer thought my statement was funny!

During our wait at the apartment complex, Babyluv and I watched 3 little boys about 8 or 9 years old play and chase each other. They were using profanity!!! Well, the teacher/mommy side came out of me and I yelled, "Young man, you need to watch your mouth." At that moment, all three boys took off running and I never saw them again. If I had been alone I probably would have kept my mouth shut. However, I had Babyluv with me and she repeats everything. Gosh, what is our world coming to??!!

Well, only two more days before my 1st day back to school. I am actually going up to the school tomorrow to do some work and make some copies. Pray for me...pray that I have good students and that I have the wisdom and knowledge to teach them effectively and positively influence their lives.

Until later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home