Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome 2006

Well, it is now 2006! The years are going by so fast! I had to spend New Year's Eve without Daddyluv. Daddyluv is a wedding photographer and had a wedding last night. So, I put Babyluv down to bed at 9 p.m. and had a couple of girls over for games, mudslides, food and fun. I had a good time and I especially liked not having to spend New Year's Eve alone! Thank you A.S.H. for coming over!!

As for New Year's Eve Resolutions, I am going to focus on my health this year --spritual, mental, and physical. On the Spiritual side, hopefully Daddyluv and I can find a new church or somehow be led back to our old church. We have visited several churches the last couple of months and are still unsure about what we need to do. I definitely need to read my Bible more often and find more opportunities for individual prayer time. Why physical health when I am a thin woman? Well, my Dr. says that a woman my age and frame size should only have a body fat % of about 18- 20% -- I am at 26%. Heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and etc. all run in my family and I hope to not fall into the same trap. I am going to start by doing Pilates!! Pilates will take care of the mental and physical portions of my Resolution focus. Daddyluv and I saw Dukes of Hazzard last week and I fell in love with Jessica Simpson. Well, maybe not HER but her BODY!!!! I said, "Gosh, I wish I had a body like hers" and Daddyluv said, "Me, too!" For his sake, I hope he meant HE wishes he looked like HER, too. Okay, let's be realistic -- I could NEVER look like her. She is a GODDESS!!! To get into tip-top shape Jessica worked-out 5 days a week (2 hours each session), but she also did the South Beach Diet. Unfortunately, during her transformation period, she fell out of love with her husband. Poor guy! I don't plan to do that -- I love Daddyluv so very much!!! Well, my DVD should arrive anyday now. I don't like the thought of a highly-aerobic exercise activity or even worse, sweating. I figured I should stick to something "not-too-strenous." I am really excited about starting my Pilates plan -- I hope to actually exercise 3 times a week. Ask me in 2 months how things are going, okay? I usually only stick to a work-out plan for about a month or so. As for the South Beach Diet, definitely not for ME!!!

Well, enough about all that. Daddyluv and I have so much to be thankful for: 1)we have a beautiful daughter, 2) we are all healthy (for the most part) , 3) we have jobs, 4) we are not starving, 4) we have a roof over our heads, and best of all 5) we love the Lord and each other.

2005 was a great year -- let's see what blessings GOD and 2006 have in store for us. Happy New Year Everybody!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

You had Ms. ASH over? Lucky!!!

And may you be blessed many times over in 2006! You are in my prayers...

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home