Monday, December 19, 2005

So very busy...

Gosh, I have been very busy these past few days. Also, our little Babyluv is sick. I took her to the Dr. on Friday and she has strep-throat and a sinus infection. Wow, poor thing!! Although she has been ill, she is still hyper, fun and cheerful. She has been a little clingy but I don't mind one bit. I love holding her in my arms and comforting her. Sometimes Daddyluv and I go and wake her up and bring her to our bed so that we can cuddle with her. She is feeling much better -- but now Daddyluv is sick and I myself am feeling under the weather, too. Good grief.

I finally submitted my letter of resignation today -- last day of employment is the 27th. My boss knew that I was going to return to education someday so he was not too surprised. I am a little sad about leaving my job because of the following reasons: 1) The pay is a little better, 2) I have met so many nice people, 3) the flexible schedule, and 4) I loved wining and dining people (stuffing my face at restaurants). Gosh...that is probably why I still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes just yet!!!! Hmmmmm! But, it needed to be done. It is time to move on and start working on my plan to enter the world of school administration.

Well, I start teaching the 4th of January. I am a little nervous about returning to the classroom because I have been out of education for 3 years AND I will be at a school where I know very few people. The neat thing about this school is that my babysitter lives about 3 minutes away. After discussing my worries with Daddyluv, he assured me that I would be great. He is a little biased, don't you think?

After looking through my closet, I decided that I will need to go and shop for some "school" clothes, mainly tops and sweaters because I have plenty of cute pants. I am taking my "hip" sister with me to help me with my wardrobe design and selection. My sister told me, "Just because you are 30 does not mean you are an old lady, so don't dress like one." Okay first of all, my 23 year-old sister is 5'7" and weighs 110 pounds!!! Of course SHE can dress "hip" and look absolutely GORGEOUS. I, on the other hand have had a child and do NOT weigh 110 pounds. I have to choose clothes that aren't too tight because my "love handles" will be revealed. I also have to carefully select hip huggers because if they are too low, you can see my stretch marks (I only have a couple). So...it ought to be an interesting shopping experience for us both!

Well, I need to go and get ready for bed -- busy day tomorrow. God bless you all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

I don't believe for one second that you have love handles...skinny minnie!

So sorry that your house is sick. Yall get rested and well before Christmas!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home