Tuesday, September 09, 2008

5 years and 6 months







My girls are growing way too fast. KB turned 5 last week and Baby Ash turned 6 months old yesterday. KB survived her first two weeks of Kindergarten and is doing great. She is bringing home some really great work and is making new friends every day. However, she did not eat much the first two weeks of school because she does not like “school food.” So, we have reached a compromise. We are allowing her to take her lunch 1-2 days a week (cost of meals is included in her tuition). We carefully studied the school lunch menu and highlighted the days she will be bringing her own lunch. She apparently did much better today. I can’t believe she is 5 years old – where did the time go? She is such a beautiful little girl! KB had two birthday parties – one for family and one for friends. We had the “family” party at our home and the “friends” party was held at the gymnastics center here in town. She had lots of fun - both parties were a blast!
Baby Ash has grown, too! I don’t know how much she weighs but I am sure she weighs more than she did last month. She has her 6 month check-up late next week – yucky shots. She has reached several milestones the last month. She now reaches for us when she wants us to hold her. She can also give kisses – however, she only kisses Mommy. All I say is “Muah, muah” and she opens her mouth and plants me a wet, open-mouthed, smooch on my lips. She still squeals when she get her from the sitter in the afternoon. I love it when she first sees me -- what a great feeling! She still tries to communicate – a very vocal little girl. Her smile and laughter are contagious!! She has such a beautiful smile. Her eyes are still blue and her hair is beginning to thicken and grow some. She eats her rice cereal (once a day) like a pro and even opens her mouth really wide. She can nearly hold her own bottle. Speaking of bottle, she definitely recognizes the signs of chow time. She either tries to grab the bottle herself if we are bottle feeding her or tries to tear off my blouse if I am about to nurse her. She is trying really hard to crawl, she will be scooting real soon. She has definitely mastered the “rolling over” maneuver and is how she gets from A to B. While I am nursing her, she rubs the top, left side of her head and even plays with her hair. She only does this when I am feeding her on my left side. It is so cute! She loves high school football and is a future band nerd (no band camp!). She watched the entire half-time performance last Friday and even moved her little body to the music. She loves music! She does not have any teeth yet but is showing signs of teething.
Well, that is it for now. I will provide stats after her check-up next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irma and Koby said...

Haha! "No band camp." Why Camilla? Why don't you want your little girl going to band camp? :)
Miss you all so much!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home