Friday, August 08, 2008

Bye, Bye Summer!

Wow...this summer has flown by. I love summer but it always comes to an end and I must return to work. Yucky poo!!!! Along with being a Wife and Mommy, I am now a high school Assistant Principal, too. Yes, I am SUPERWOMAN!!! I started back to work last week. My high school is huge - 2800 students. Although the teachers don't arrive until the 18th and the students don't arrive until the 25th, I have actually been a little busy preparing. Getting ready for the teachers and students is time consuming and bears much responsibility. I was offered this assistant principal job in June and I accepted even though I really wanted a middle school position. Unfortunately, there were no more middle school positions available and I pretty much had to take what was given to me. However, after being at the school and working with my new team, I am very excited about where God has placed me. I strongly believe that I am there for a reason and I hope to make a positive impact on the students and teachers. The good thing is: If things don't work out, I can always return to the classroom and teach again. In my teaching field, I will never have a problem finding a job!! However, I am having a problem fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes. Although I am now back to my pre-pregnancy weight, my body has shifted and my clothes are a little tight. So, I need to lose about 3 more pounds or spend lots of money buying new clothes. I guess I need to lose the 3 pounds!! Great...that ought to be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Congrats on the job!!!

And good luck on the 3 pounds. I have about 5 more to lose to get back to PP weight. Then I'll only have 20 to lose to get to ideal (we'll see if that happens).

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home