Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Happy Birthday, Honey!


My hubby turned 35 years young yesterday. We had a great evening. We went to eat dinner at our favorite restaurant - Texas de Brazil (because we had a buy one/get one free coupon). Then, I had his family over for cake afterward. He did not know that I had invited his family (about 15 people) over for cake and ice cream. I also did something special...instead of bringing a gift, I had each family member write their favorite memory or share how my hubby has impacted their life. I read their responses at the party last night. It was so wonderful. I even learned some new things/facts about my hubby. This special "gift" had us all in tears - mainly because we were laughing so hard. But, there were also tears of gratitude. It was so sweet to hear how my husband helped his brother combat depression and how he impacted the lives of his nieces. I was moved to tears to hear what my in-laws had to say about their son. Our 4 year-old daughter even had something to say. My hubby is a super-wonderful person and is the best thing that has ever happened to me (the 2nd being my girls). This "gift idea" allowed him to see how his presence in this world has impacted others. He loved it!! I love you, Honey!!! Happy 35th Birthday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home