Sunday, January 27, 2008

Getting ready for the baby...

In 45 more days, our new baby girl will be here!! There is so much to do and so little time. The nursery is slowly coming together. Because we are having another girl, the nursery theme is the same. My daughter and I spent last night unpacking previously-owned toys that have been stored in our storage closet downstairs. She enjoyed going through her "baby toys." She really didn't seem bothered with the fact that her baby sister will be the new owner of those toys. My hubby and I plan to attack the attic this week to search for more hand-me-down items such as clothes, blankets, etc. that can be washed and moved into the nursery dresser drawers. My hubby assembled the crib last weekend and we have officially moved our daughter..."KB" (what I am going to call her now) into her Disney Princess room. The name "Babyluv" no longer fits a 4 year-old. As we prepare for our new baby girl, I can't help but think about how our lives will change, especially KB's. She has been the "only child" for four years. How will she feel when the baby arrives? Our lives have revolved around her and now there will be another little girl in the house. As KB and I laid in her bed watching a Hannah Montana DVD the other night, I just stared at her sweet, little face and I became overwhelmed with emotion. I cried a few tears! She is such a beautiful little girl... long, curly hair, soft flawless skin. She is no longer a baby, but a young lady! I can't believe how fast the years have flown by. I remember seeing her for the first time and thanking God for such a wonderful gift. I love being her Mommy! Now, we will have two little princesses! Ready or not, here we come...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow up? Four is such a great age.

Please send in some pics of the baby's room when it's finished! Unique Baby Nursery Pictures and Photography Contest

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home