Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Carrots

We tried carrots last night and she loves them! Her little face was orange that she even looked like a carrot. In our house, carrots are a big hit!! I eat mine with ranch dressing or make them honey glazed. KB will eat them as a snack or as a side item with meals.

Update: Things have been pretty rough in our house the last few days. I took both girls to the doctor on Monday and it was not pretty. Baby Ash has an ear infection in both ears - first time to take antibiotics. KB has a sinus infection and was given antiobiotics, too. I was pretty bummed about Baby Ash taking meds so early in her young life. KB was 14 months old before she ever had to take antibiotics - for an ear infection. They have been a little grumpy the past few days. For the past 3-4 days, Baby Ash has been waking up at about 3 a.m. She cries and I go in and feed/hold her for about 10 minutes and then she goes back to sleep. Then, I can't go back to sleep. So, I am averaging about 5-6 hours of sleep each night. I usuallly have 8! So, I am feeling very tired. I also decided this week that I was going to give up the 3 a.m. pump session, however I am still waking up with the baby. Now, I only pump at 6 a.m., 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. I manage to pump 8-10 oz. at each session. While at the sitter, Baby Ash drinks four or five 6 oz. bottles. In the evening, she feeds off me. Luckily, I am a human cow and I make more than she needs. I have managed to accumulate about 120 bags (5 oz. each) of breastmilk in my deep freezer. If I run short, I could always dig into my surplus. I will be just fine, what do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Sorry to hear about the infections. The ear infections ran rampant at our house...and little Buttercup got tubes at 3 months.

As for the breastmilk, good for you for storing so much! Sounds like you're making plenty even without the 3am session...that is super dedication, if you ask me! I only got up at 3 to feed Buttercup!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home