Thursday, January 03, 2008

29 Weeks...

I had my 29-week appointment today and everything is moving along quite well. No, we still do not have a name picked out! Help us, please!

Here are my stats:

Weight: 144 (Ouch...gained 7 pounds in 4 weeks!)
Total weight gain so far: 20 pounds
Blood pressure: 114/72
Baby's Heartbeat: Absolutely beautiful! She also had the hiccups. It was so cute!!

I am feeling great!! We actually scheduled my c-section for March 12th -- 10 days before my actual due date. My daughter came 12 days before her due date and weighed over 8 pounds, so my OB/GYN feels good about scheduling my c-section at that time. I am not thrilled about having another c-section but I have no choice. I have an irregular shaped uterus. I can't believe I have less than 10 weeks left. I love being pregnant and it makes me a little sad to think that this will be my last pregnancy! I unpacked some old baby things in order to do a quick inventory. I wish I would have kept more of my baby stuff, but I gave most of it away to my cousin who is a single mother of 3 children. So...I decided to create a registry at Babies R' Us. Is that tacky for a second child? It has been nearly 5 years since my 1st child! There are only a few items that I need for the baby (besides diapers and clothes). The main item is a travel system - a very expensive purchase. I loaned mine to another family member 2 years ago and it is now beyond repair. So, we will just have to wait and see what I get.

I have truly enjoyed being home the last two weeks - one of the very few perks of being a teacher. We love watching our little girl wake up Christmas morning and unwrap her gifts! Fun times! Although we spend quite a bit on her, I never feel like it is enough. I guess growing up POOR left me with some emotional scars. As a child, the majority of my Christmas gifts consisted of the things I "needed" such as coats, clothes, etc. I remember waking up Christmas morning year after year as a child and asking myself, "Was I not a good girl this year?" I rarely got the things I asked Santa for - toys and cool things. So..now I have a tendency to go a little overboard!! Although we showered our daughter with gifts, we believe it is extremely important to create family traditions/memories that money can't buy. I have to stop every year and remind myself what Christmas is all about...to celebrate the birth of JESUS, not a time to stress out and shop 'til you drop. It is so easy to fall into the "trap." Along with explaining the significance of Christmas to our daughter several times, we did create some fun memories this year. We baked cookies, wrapped presents, made cards, saw Christmas lights, listened to Christmas music everyday on the Christian radio station and sang along to most of them, enjoyed cocoa with marshmallows, enjoyed Christmas feasts, watched Christmas movies, and spent lots of quality time together. We had such a wonderful time! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas,too!

Well, it is really late and I need to get some sleep. Adios.

P.S. I will attach some pictures of my belly next week. Just call me "Big Momma!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home