Monday, July 23, 2007

I will miss you!

I am experiencing a whirlwind of emotions today. My cousin (more like a sister) and her family left this morning to make their home in Delaware. She has a little boy who is autistic and they are enrolling him in the Brennen School which is known for its superior autistic program. I did not even call and say goodbye for fear that all I would do is cry (which is what I am doing right now). Although we only see each other 2 times a year, I had reassurance knowing she was only 3 hours away - now, she is 3 days away. Gosh, we humans take so much for granted!!
Although I am currently overwhelmed with sadness, I know in my heart that her little boy will have so many amazing opportunities. So, I am both sad and happy!!!!

Good luck to you Irene -- I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I will call you in a few weeks after you have finished unpacking. By then, I should be able to keep myself from crying. I love you guys so much!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I love you, too! We are trying to get settled. Today is our first day with Internet and I'm trying to catch up. Really it's only 3 HOURS if you fly. :D Not so bad.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Irma and Koby said...

I just read your comment about Ally and Leah...and the answer is heck NOOOOOO! :)
But I know somebody in Abilene (on Shelton stree) who would love to have some cute little hypo-allergenic friends around! ;)
Thanks for your advice on the e-mail. My mind stopped spinning for about a month and now it's spinning even faster!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home