Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Library Time

Babyluv and I went to the Public Libary today, not the huge library in Dallas one but the one in our city. The Dallas Public Library smells "yucky" and is crawling with tons of strangers. The homeless use it as a place to sit and rest during the day - especially during the hot summer months. Many complaints have been filed and I have even seen it make the news, but because it is a public place, they have every right to be there.

On to my story...

They had preschool story time and we had a blast. We read books, participated in storytime, played with the bubble machine, watched a short film, and played with puzzles. I explained the library check-out process to her and then we got a library card and checked out some books and a DVD. Babyluv was so excited that she had to call Daddy on the cell phone immediately upon leaving to tell him all about it. This is what I heard: "Daddy, I got some books from the library. We can't color or write or cut the pages in the books because they are the library's. Daddy, when we finish reading the books, we can go and get more. There are so many books at the library, Daddy!" How cute was that?

After leaving the library, we met my sister for lunch and did some shopping. Babyluv loves her "tia."

Lots of fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home