Monday, October 01, 2007

So much has happened...

So much has happened the last three months:

1) My hubby and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary this summer. I am blessed with a good man - THANK YOU GOD!

2) My hubby changed occupations. He went from being a high school band director to marketer/operator of http://www.boothbooth.com/ You definitely need to check out what it is all about - visit the website.

3) My little daughter turned 4 in September. She is such a sweetheart!!!

4) In July, we found out I was pregnant - due March 22.

Yes, we are thrilled. I am now 15.5 weeks pregnant. I spent about 8 weeks feeling nauseated with very little desire to eat. The nausea went away about a week ago. I have spent the last 4 weeks being extremely sleepy and tired. When I get up to use the restroom in the middle of the night (twice), I can't fall back to sleep. So, I am averaging about 4-5 hours of sleep each night. My lack of sleep caught up to me last week and I had an emotional breakdown on Tuesday night. The next day, my hubby brought us all (including the baby in my belly) some beautiful roses to brighten up our week. I talked to my Dr. about my sleep deprivation crisis and he told me to take some Benadryl if it gets too bad because I really need my sleep right now. At one time (in my early 20's), I was able to operate quite efficiently on 4 hours of sleep. I now require 7 hours of sleep.

Needless to say, we are so blessed with with the little miracle growing inside of me. I went to the Dr. today and I have only gained 3 pounds. With my daughter, I had already gained 12 pounds at this point in my pregnancy. I guess it is true what people say..."Every pregnancy is different!"

As for my professional life, I am still teaching high school Spanish. My classes are really big this year - I have 6 classes with 189 students total. All of my classes are pretty good. I do have one class that requires my full undivided attention at all times. The class is comprised of high-maintenance kids that can't handle any sort of free-time. So, this is the class that I have to really keep busy with activities and classwork from beginning to end. This particular class wears me out sometimes, but it could be worse -- I could teach a CORE subject. I am very fortunate to teach an elective class - you could not pay me enough to teach a CORE class.

Well, I better go now because I am going to take a nap. I did not have school today - yippee! Plus, we have a busy week. My hubby and I are headed back to college this weekend to celebrate our 10-year reunion!!!!





1 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Good for you with only gaining 3 pounds so far! I just had my appt and I've gained a total of 8...and I'm halfway through!

And we are very excited to see you again this weekend!!!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home